Motorcycles are cool. But they can be risky and therefore require few dollars to insure. Unlike any other vehicle, motorbikes have several factors that influence the insurance policy and coverage. Believe it or not, the following factors largely affect the premium and rates you’ll pay to insure your vehicle.
- Types of your bike – Calgary insurance companies say that your insurance rates will typically depend on what type of bike you are using. Not only that the accident risks of these big bikes are high, but the age and model of your motorcycle will determine the cost of repair.
- Power of your engine – The size of your engine has a great impact on your rates. Larger bikes are typically powered by larger engines. Its repair costs and premiums are expensive because high speed bikes are more dangerous and prone to accidents.
- Riding membership and certification – Other insurance providers like Calgary insurance brokers offers discounts if you’re affiliated with any riding club and you pass a rider-safety course. This is a great help and you can check Safety Foundation to get information about rider-safety courses.
- Place where you live – It’s odd but lots of companies consider this factor in your quotes. Places that are practically cold much of the year has a lower premium price than those who are mostly warm throughout. Companies believe that you won’t be using your vehicle if the place is frozen most the time.
- Age – Getting motorcycle free insurance quotes needs this information. Obviously teenagers and young adults are more costly to insure because they’re more reckless, inexperienced drivers. They’re mostly the cause of common vehicular accidents.
- Credit line – Edmonton insurance companies today are checking their customers’ credit. Then they factor it out with the premium they would like to purchase. This may raise controversy regarding legalities but it’s for your own good and the insurance company.
- Driving Record – People may not see this important, but bad driving record means bad insurance rates. It’s true for many obvious reasons like accidents, traffic tickets and moving violations. Find more information on insurance companies here.
Love your bike and shop around to get the motorcycle insurance that meets your budget.